Brian is still deployed and it’s his 28th birthday today…
Normally, to celebrate his life, I would have planned an adventure for him but it’s a little hard to do that when you’re thousands of miles apart and one of you isn’t allowed to leave the base you’re stationed on. So this year I bought him what he asked for, two custom tailored suits and a subscription to the Dollar Shave Club, along with the promise for a couple dates out on the town to wear said suits when he returns home.
I have a hard time accepting the idea of Brian only getting gifts for his birthday so I decided to make a list of 28 new [and hopefully amazing] adventures to go on in the upcoming months to celebrate his birth throughout the year entire.
2. Backpacking trip
3. Bike the Stampede Trail
King salmon fishing
Deep sea fishing
9. Go skiing
10. Set lanterns free is a Festival of Light
11. Take a handsome carriage ride
12. Get away on a weekend mini-vacation
15. Hike the Harding Ice Field
16. Get a drink at the Ice Museum
17. Take a dip in the Chena Hot Springs
18. Try not to scream on zip lines
20. Pan for gold
21. Catch a close up glimpse of an Alaskan brown bear
22. Take a road trip somewhere new
23. Photograph the inside of an ice cave
24. Watch the northern lights
25. Tell Santa if we’ve been naughty or nice
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!
I celebrated by treating myself to an ice cream cone!